How can I tell if my rhinitis is seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis?

Both seasonal and perennial allergies cause rhinitis. Because the symptoms are similar, it can be hard to tell the difference between the two. If you tend to get allergic rhinitis each year at about the same time, it is more likely to be seasonal allergic rhinitis. If you have symptoms all year, it is more likely to be perennial allergic rhinitis. In addition, a doctor may be able to tell you what allergens are causing your symptoms by performing a skin test. Some people can have both seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
When you blow your nose too hard with a cold or sinusitis, this can close the eustachian tube, which...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?