How can I tell if my rhinitis is seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis?

Both seasonal and perennial allergies cause rhinitis. Because the symptoms are similar, it can be hard to tell the difference between the two. If you tend to get allergic rhinitis each year at about the same time, it is more likely to be seasonal allergic rhinitis. If you have symptoms all year, it is more likely to be perennial allergic rhinitis. In addition, a doctor may be able to tell you what allergens are causing your symptoms by performing a skin test. Some people can have both seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?