How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?

Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lupus, and cystic fibrosis. These conditions, which are related to inflammation, can cause symptoms of rhinitis to be more persistent and severe. Syphilis, tuberculosis, leprosy, and other illnesses that destroy soft tissue, cartilage, and bone will also increase the risk of developing chronic rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?