How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?

Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lupus, and cystic fibrosis. These conditions, which are related to inflammation, can cause symptoms of rhinitis to be more persistent and severe. Syphilis, tuberculosis, leprosy, and other illnesses that destroy soft tissue, cartilage, and bone will also increase the risk of developing chronic rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?