How do other illnesses affect acute rhinitis?

Illnesses that require you to be on medications that suppress the immune system increase your risk of getting colds, a common cause of acute rhinitis. Allergies (which can cause acute rhinitis themselves) may also make you more likely to get a sinus infection. Asthma may increase your chances of getting acute rhinitis from an allergic reaction.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?