How do other illnesses affect acute rhinitis?

Illnesses that require you to be on medications that suppress the immune system increase your risk of getting colds, a common cause of acute rhinitis. Allergies (which can cause acute rhinitis themselves) may also make you more likely to get a sinus infection. Asthma may increase your chances of getting acute rhinitis from an allergic reaction.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?