Is neutrophilic rhinosinusitis an acute or chronic illness?

As a type of rhinosinusitis, neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can be either acute or chronic. Acute neutrophilic rhinosinusitis comes on suddenly and can last up to 30 days. It is usually caused by a cold and infection. Chronic neutrophilic rhinosinusitis lasts longer than 8 weeks and is usually triggered by a cold, flu, allergy, or pollutant. Rarely, chronic neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is caused by a tooth abscess or infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?