Is neutrophilic rhinosinusitis an acute or chronic illness?

As a type of rhinosinusitis, neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can be either acute or chronic. Acute neutrophilic rhinosinusitis comes on suddenly and can last up to 30 days. It is usually caused by a cold and infection. Chronic neutrophilic rhinosinusitis lasts longer than 8 weeks and is usually triggered by a cold, flu, allergy, or pollutant. Rarely, chronic neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is caused by a tooth abscess or infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?