Who is most at risk for rhinitis medicamentosa?

People who misuse or overuse medicated nasal sprays or drops are most at risk for rhinitis medicamentosa. The condition is caused by improper use of these medications. People who take some oral contraceptives, antipsychotic drugs, or antihypertensive drugs can also develop the condition.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?