Who is most at risk for rhinitis medicamentosa?

People who misuse or overuse medicated nasal sprays or drops are most at risk for rhinitis medicamentosa. The condition is caused by improper use of these medications. People who take some oral contraceptives, antipsychotic drugs, or antihypertensive drugs can also develop the condition.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?