How do medications treat vasomotor rhinitis?

Medication used for treatment of vasomotor rhinitis aims at symptomatic relief and includes a wide variety of sprays. Decongestants help the blood vessels to contract and relieve the congestion. Saline sprays help by removing the irritants in the nose. Anti-drip anti cholinergic nasal sprays are useful if you have a runny nose. Corticosteroid sprays help reduce inflammation.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?