How do medications treat vasomotor rhinitis?

Medication used for treatment of vasomotor rhinitis aims at symptomatic relief and includes a wide variety of sprays. Decongestants help the blood vessels to contract and relieve the congestion. Saline sprays help by removing the irritants in the nose. Anti-drip anti cholinergic nasal sprays are useful if you have a runny nose. Corticosteroid sprays help reduce inflammation.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?