How do I manage my rhinophyma on a daily basis?

You can manage rhinophyma on a daily basis by avoiding things that aggravate the condition that leads to rhinophyma: rosacea. You may find it helpful to write down when you have flare-ups and what seems to cause them. Some people find it helpful to avoid spicy foods, alcohol, hot environments, and other factors which cause the skin to flush. Avoid products containing alcohol and other ingredients that irritate the face, and use noncomedogenic products, which are less likely to clog pores. Protect your face from the sun and from winter wind. You may wish to use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher, and you may wish to use green-tinted makeup, which helps conceal reddish tones in the skin.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?