How do I manage a deviated septum on a daily basis?

Managing your deviated septum depends on the severity of your symptoms. If you are having extreme difficulty breathing your best option might be surgery, which can fix the problem completely. You will need to consult your doctor or an ear, nose, and throat specialist to find out if this is an option for you. If not, you may be able to manage symptoms like nasal congestion and sinus infections with over the counter decongestants or antihistamines. Just be careful not to become dependent on these drugs. If over the counter medications do not seem to help, you can also talk to your doctor about getting a prescription nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?