How do I manage a deviated septum on a daily basis?

Managing your deviated septum depends on the severity of your symptoms. If you are having extreme difficulty breathing your best option might be surgery, which can fix the problem completely. You will need to consult your doctor or an ear, nose, and throat specialist to find out if this is an option for you. If not, you may be able to manage symptoms like nasal congestion and sinus infections with over the counter decongestants or antihistamines. Just be careful not to become dependent on these drugs. If over the counter medications do not seem to help, you can also talk to your doctor about getting a prescription nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?