How do I manage my acute rhinitis on a daily basis?

If your acute rhinitis is caused by a cold, the most important things you can do to manage your symptoms are to rest and drink fluids. You may want to take over-the-counter decongestants for the congestion. If your rhinitis is allergic rhinitis, over-the-counter and prescription antihistamines are available, as well as prescription nasal sprays containing corticosteroids. Avoiding repeated contact with the allergen that caused the reaction will also help eliminate symptoms.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does perennial allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Like seasonal allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal allergies, perennial allergic rhinitis occurs whe...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?