How do I manage my acute rhinitis on a daily basis?

If your acute rhinitis is caused by a cold, the most important things you can do to manage your symptoms are to rest and drink fluids. You may want to take over-the-counter decongestants for the congestion. If your rhinitis is allergic rhinitis, over-the-counter and prescription antihistamines are available, as well as prescription nasal sprays containing corticosteroids. Avoiding repeated contact with the allergen that caused the reaction will also help eliminate symptoms.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?