Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?

Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although laryngeal papillomas may cause blockage in the airways near the nose, they are not considered nose disorders. Obstruction to the airways is in the lungs and windpipe in laryngeal papillomatosis, not in the nasal passages.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?