Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?

Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although laryngeal papillomas may cause blockage in the airways near the nose, they are not considered nose disorders. Obstruction to the airways is in the lungs and windpipe in laryngeal papillomatosis, not in the nasal passages.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?