Is there a cure for rhinitis medicamentosa?

Rhinitis medicamentosa can be cured. The first step is to discontinue use of the nasal spray or drops that has caused the condition. Additional medications may also need to be prescribed by your doctor, but symptoms can usually be cleared up in a short period of time.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?