Is there a cure for infective rhinitis?

There is no cure for infective rhinitis (common cold). The virus will usually run its course in 10-14 days although a cough might linger a bit longer. You cannot cure your cold, but you can help yourself feel better by treating the symptoms with some over-the-counter medications and giving your body the rest and fluids it needs to help fight the infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?