Is there a cure for infective rhinitis?

There is no cure for infective rhinitis (common cold). The virus will usually run its course in 10-14 days although a cough might linger a bit longer. You cannot cure your cold, but you can help yourself feel better by treating the symptoms with some over-the-counter medications and giving your body the rest and fluids it needs to help fight the infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?