Is there a cure for anosmia?

Anosmia can be caused by a variety of factors, so whether there is a cure depends on what causes your anosmia. If your anosmia is caused by an allergy or infection, your doctor can prescribe medication, and your condition will be temporary. If your anosmia is caused by a polyp or tumor, your doctor can remove the blockage, which should restore your sense of smell. If your anosmia is caused by aging or physical trauma, there is usually no cure.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?