Is there a cure for anosmia?

Anosmia can be caused by a variety of factors, so whether there is a cure depends on what causes your anosmia. If your anosmia is caused by an allergy or infection, your doctor can prescribe medication, and your condition will be temporary. If your anosmia is caused by a polyp or tumor, your doctor can remove the blockage, which should restore your sense of smell. If your anosmia is caused by aging or physical trauma, there is usually no cure.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?