Is rhinitis medicamentosa serious?

Rhinitis medicamentosa is not a serious condition. It involves inflammation and congestion of the nasal passages caused by overuse of nasal sprays or drops. It does not typically involve complications and can usually be cured in a matter of weeks, if not sooner.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?