Is rhinitis medicamentosa serious?

Rhinitis medicamentosa is not a serious condition. It involves inflammation and congestion of the nasal passages caused by overuse of nasal sprays or drops. It does not typically involve complications and can usually be cured in a matter of weeks, if not sooner.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?