Is infective rhinitis serious?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is not considered a serious condition. Most people will fight off the infection and return to normal health within 10-14 days. However, people with low resistance to infection, such as the very young and the elderly or those with chronic illnesses or organ transplants, may have difficulty fighting the infection. This could lead to more serious secondary infections.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
Does nasal lavage help with nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Nasal Lavage can give temporary relief of nasal congestion by rinsing out thick mucus from the nose....
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?