Is infective rhinitis serious?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is not considered a serious condition. Most people will fight off the infection and return to normal health within 10-14 days. However, people with low resistance to infection, such as the very young and the elderly or those with chronic illnesses or organ transplants, may have difficulty fighting the infection. This could lead to more serious secondary infections.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?