Is infective rhinitis contagious?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is extremely contagious. When a person has a cold, the nasal secretions contain the live virus. When these secretions are passed to an uninfected person, that person usually begins experiencing symptoms within 2-3 days. Precautions to keep from spreading the infection include frequent hand washing, using disinfectant wipes, disposing of soiled tissues in an appropriate way, using plastic gloves, and minimizing physical contact with the affected person.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?