Is infective rhinitis contagious?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) is extremely contagious. When a person has a cold, the nasal secretions contain the live virus. When these secretions are passed to an uninfected person, that person usually begins experiencing symptoms within 2-3 days. Precautions to keep from spreading the infection include frequent hand washing, using disinfectant wipes, disposing of soiled tissues in an appropriate way, using plastic gloves, and minimizing physical contact with the affected person.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Allergies are often the cause of nose disorders like rhinitis and chronic sinusitis, but allergies a...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?