Is a deviated septum life threatening?

A deviated septum can lead to several uncomfortable complications, but it is not life threatening. In some cases, a deviated septum can make it hard to breathe but even if your nasal cavity gets completely blocked you can still breathe through your mouth. Most deviated septums can be corrected with surgery.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?