Is a deviated septum life threatening?

A deviated septum can lead to several uncomfortable complications, but it is not life threatening. In some cases, a deviated septum can make it hard to breathe but even if your nasal cavity gets completely blocked you can still breathe through your mouth. Most deviated septums can be corrected with surgery.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?