Is catarrh serious?

Catarrh is not serious, and usually clears up on its own. It may sometimes require a regimen of preventative medications, like allergy medications, to prevent it from coming back. In rare cases, the buildup of mucous can cause more severe ear pain.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?