Is catarrh contagious?

Catarrh is not contagious, but may be caused by contagious infections. Be hygienic and encourage cleanliness when around someone who has symptoms of catarrh. It may be the result of a contagious cold or infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?