Is anosmia serious?

Anosmia is not serious, but it can impact a person's life. People with anosmia have no sense of smell, which can affect their ability to taste food. In addition, people with anosmia are unable to smell potentially dangerous odors, such as gas leaks or smoke.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
Does nasal lavage help with nose disorders?
Nasal lavage, or nasal irrigation, helps to reduce the swelling and inflammation connected to nose d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?