Is acute rhinitis serious?

In general, acute rhinitis is not serious, although it can be very inconvenient. However, secondary infections, such as ear infections, pneumonia, and sinus infections, do occasionally occur as a complication of the common cold, and these illnesses need a doctor's care.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?