Is a nose disorder serious?

Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airways, it is not usually life threatening. If a nose disorder leads to sleep apnea, it can be considered serious as sleep apnea is a life threatening condition. Sleep apnea is more common for those who experience chronic nasal congestion, which may be caused by a nose disorder. Nose disorders that result from infection or inflammation are not typically considered serious.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
If possible, the best treatment for perennial allergies is to remove the allergen from the environme...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?