Is a nose disorder serious?

Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airways, it is not usually life threatening. If a nose disorder leads to sleep apnea, it can be considered serious as sleep apnea is a life threatening condition. Sleep apnea is more common for those who experience chronic nasal congestion, which may be caused by a nose disorder. Nose disorders that result from infection or inflammation are not typically considered serious.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?