What increases my risk for vasomotor rhinitis?

Several conditions may trigger vasomotor rhinitis. Frequent changes in temperature, pollution, spicy foods, or alcoholic beverages such as wine might increase your risk for rhinitis. If you are exposed to irritants like smoke or exhaust, your chances of developing vasomotor rhinitis can increase. Anti-inflammatory drugs, antidepressants, and contraceptives might also trigger rhinitis. But the reason some people are sensitive to these things and have rhinitis when exposed to them is not known.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?