What increases my risk for rhinophyma?

Risk factors for rhinophyma include disorders of the digestive system or blood vessels, and abnormal endocrine function. Rosacea, the condition which in its advanced stages is thought to lead to rhinophyma, also has certain risk factors. These factors include having a family history of the condition, having light skin, and frequent blushing or flushing of the skin.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?