What increases my risk for rhinophyma?

Risk factors for rhinophyma include disorders of the digestive system or blood vessels, and abnormal endocrine function. Rosacea, the condition which in its advanced stages is thought to lead to rhinophyma, also has certain risk factors. These factors include having a family history of the condition, having light skin, and frequent blushing or flushing of the skin.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?