How do other illnesses affect perennial allergic rhinitis?

Asthma is associated with allergic rhinitis. Asthma may increase your chances of getting perennial allergic rhinitis from an allergic reaction. Allergies may, in turn, increase your chances of having asthma. Having any type of allergy increases your chances of getting another, different type of allergy.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?