How can I use steam to treat catarrh?

Steam can be used to drain airways of mucus. To do so, pour very hot water into a bowl. Lock in the escaping steam by putting a towel over your head and the bowl. Breathe deeply so that the steam can get into your airways. You can put menthol or eucalyptus oil into the bowl to help further. Note that steam is not recommended for young children because of the danger of scalds.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?