How can I use steam to treat catarrh?

Steam can be used to drain airways of mucus. To do so, pour very hot water into a bowl. Lock in the escaping steam by putting a towel over your head and the bowl. Breathe deeply so that the steam can get into your airways. You can put menthol or eucalyptus oil into the bowl to help further. Note that steam is not recommended for young children because of the danger of scalds.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?