How are tumors of the nose and sinuses diagnosed?

Malignant tumors of the nose and sinuses (sinonasal) are diagnosed with: 
  • Endoscopic examination by an experienced otolaryngologist (ENT doctor)
  • MRI
  • CT
  • Tissue biopsy, which is essential for an accurate diagnosis
  • Chest x-ray; CT of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis; or PET scan to rule out metastatic disease

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?