How is structural rhinitis treated when caused by a deviated septum?

Surgery can be performed to correct a deviated septum. This surgery is called septoplasty. The septum is repositioned in the center of the nose and sections of the septum may need to be removed. Rhinoplasty is sometimes performed as well in order to change the size or shape of the nose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?