How is structural rhinitis treated when caused by a deviated septum?

Surgery can be performed to correct a deviated septum. This surgery is called septoplasty. The septum is repositioned in the center of the nose and sections of the septum may need to be removed. Rhinoplasty is sometimes performed as well in order to change the size or shape of the nose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does perennial allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Like seasonal allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal allergies, perennial allergic rhinitis occurs whe...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?