How does rhinophyma affect the body?

Rhinophyma causes the skin of the nose to thicken. The condition progresses slowly, and the nose becomes enlarged. The overgrowth of tissue is not cancerous but disfiguring, and can result in blocked breathing through the nose. People with rhinophyma may seek treatment to improve their appearance, their breathing function, or both.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?