How does rhinophyma affect the body?

Rhinophyma causes the skin of the nose to thicken. The condition progresses slowly, and the nose becomes enlarged. The overgrowth of tissue is not cancerous but disfiguring, and can result in blocked breathing through the nose. People with rhinophyma may seek treatment to improve their appearance, their breathing function, or both.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?