How does rhinitis medicamentosa affect the body?

Rhinitis medicamentosa affects the body by causing inflammation, congestion, and irritation of the nose and throat. Typically the condition causes a runny or stuffy nose. Other symptoms may include swelling of the lining of the nose and irritation of the throat caused by excess mucus.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?