How does rhinitis medicamentosa affect the body?

Rhinitis medicamentosa affects the body by causing inflammation, congestion, and irritation of the nose and throat. Typically the condition causes a runny or stuffy nose. Other symptoms may include swelling of the lining of the nose and irritation of the throat caused by excess mucus.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?