How does rhinitis medicamentosa affect the body?

Rhinitis medicamentosa affects the body by causing inflammation, congestion, and irritation of the nose and throat. Typically the condition causes a runny or stuffy nose. Other symptoms may include swelling of the lining of the nose and irritation of the throat caused by excess mucus.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?