How do other illnesses affect infective rhinitis?

People who have other illnesses may develop more serious secondary infections after contracting infective rhinitis (common cold). People who have asthma, chronic illnesses that weaken the immune system, and those who have received organ transplants should be carefully monitored by a doctor when they have a cold. Secondary infections can cause asthma attacks, bronchitis, sinus and ear infections, and pneumonia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?