How do other illnesses affect infective rhinitis?

People who have other illnesses may develop more serious secondary infections after contracting infective rhinitis (common cold). People who have asthma, chronic illnesses that weaken the immune system, and those who have received organ transplants should be carefully monitored by a doctor when they have a cold. Secondary infections can cause asthma attacks, bronchitis, sinus and ear infections, and pneumonia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?