How do other illnesses affect catarrh?

Other illnesses, such as HIV infection, weaken the immune system, making a person more susceptible to infections that cause catarrh. Some illnesses might also prevent people from using various medications--people with diabetes may not be able to take some decongestants, and people with asthma may be warned off nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen. Other illnesses that affect the sinus region will only worsen the discomfort of catarrh.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?