How does neutrophilic rhinosinusitis affect the body?

Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can affect the body because of its association with viral and sinus infections. Rhinosinusitis usually affects the sinuses by causing inflammation because of an infection. This swelling can lead to congestion, halitosis, coughing, and pain. In rare cases, the infection spreads to other parts of the body, resulting in fever and chills.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?