How do medications treat rhinitis medicamentosa?

Antihistamines and decongestants taken orally can treat rhinitis medicamentosa. The condition is caused by overuse of medicated nasal sprays or drops. However, simply stopping use of these medications can actually worsen the congestion and inflammation of the nasal passages.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?