How do medications treat nose disorders?

Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the discomfort in the nose. Nasal sprays are often used to avoid the negative side effects of oral steroids when treating inflammatory issues. For a nosebleed, medicines restrict the flow of blood in the blood vessels.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?