How do medications treat neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Medications specific to neutrophilic rhinosinusitis include decongestants, nasal sprays, and antibiotics. Saline nasal sprays help to break up any mucus blockage, while corticosteroid nasal sprays help to manage inflammation. Decongestants aim to break up congestion. Antibiotics will not usually help neutrophilic rhinosinusitis when it is caused by a viral infection like the cold or flu. However, if you have neutrophilic rhinosinusitis that is caused by a sinus infection, antibiotics can help to kill the root infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?