How do medications treat infective rhinitis?

Medications used to treat infective rhinitis (a common cold) are aimed at reducing the severity and length of symptoms. Antihistamines help stop the runny nose. Pain relievers such as aspirin or acetaminophen ease body aches. Cough syrups soothe throat irritation and calm coughing. Decongestants can help make breathing easier by shrinking swollen nasal tissues.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?