How do medications treat anosmia?

If your anosmia is caused by an allergy or infection, your doctor can prescribe medication, such as steam inhalation, antibiotics, and nasal spray, to clear up your condition. The medication will help restore the lining within your nose and nasal passages and your sense of smell will return. Sometimes, anosmia is caused by aging or trauma, and in these cases medication will not help.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?