How do I manage my neutrophilic rhinosinusitis on a daily basis?

There are several steps you can take to manage your neutrophilic rhinosinusitis on a daily basis. These steps include plenty of rest and fluids, as well as taking a hot shower or putting your head over a steaming bowl of hot water to help your sinus cavities drain. Some individuals use a nasal lavage or rinse on their sinuses. Warm compresses on your face and sleeping with your head elevated can also be very helpful. A humidifier can also help to generate moisture for your sinuses and aid drainage.

You can prevent future neutrophilic rhinosinusitis infections by washing your hands often and avoiding contact with infected individuals and harmful pollutants.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?