How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?

Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens that may bring on your symptoms. If you have a reaction to animal dander, avoid places with pets. Similarly, if plants or pollen cause a reaction, do not spend too much time outdoors.

Make sure your medication is readily available in case you start experiencing symptoms. If you do feel some stuffiness or your eyes begin to water, take an antihistamine or use a nasal spray. If you know you are going to be in a place that may contain allergens, be sure to carry your medications with you.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
A large number of alternative treatments treat allergic rhinitis. Many programs and supplements focu...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?