How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens that may bring on your symptoms. If you have a reaction to animal dander, avoid places with pets. Similarly, if plants or pollen cause a reaction, do not spend too much time outdoors.

Make sure your medication is readily available in case you start experiencing symptoms. If you do feel some stuffiness or your eyes begin to water, take an antihistamine or use a nasal spray. If you know you are going to be in a place that may contain allergens, be sure to carry your medications with you.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?