How long does rhinitis medicamentosa last?

Rhinitis medicamentosa will last as long as the use of medicated nasal sprays or drops continues. The condition is caused by the overuse or misuse of these medications. Once use of the medications is discontinued, the condition usually goes away in a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?