How long does rhinitis medicamentosa last?

Rhinitis medicamentosa will last as long as the use of medicated nasal sprays or drops continues. The condition is caused by the overuse or misuse of these medications. Once use of the medications is discontinued, the condition usually goes away in a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?