How long does catarrh last?

Depending on the type of catarrh you have, it may last a few days or longer. Acute catarrh is most common and goes away after several days when your body overcomes the pathogen or allergen. Chronic catarrh may last longer, and you might have to stay on medication to prevent the catarrh from returning.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?