How long does catarrh last?

Depending on the type of catarrh you have, it may last a few days or longer. Acute catarrh is most common and goes away after several days when your body overcomes the pathogen or allergen. Chronic catarrh may last longer, and you might have to stay on medication to prevent the catarrh from returning.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?