How is vasomotor rhinitis diagnosed?

Vasomotor rhinitis is an inflamed condition of the nasal membranes and causes sneezing, stuffiness, and a runny nose. In order to diagnosing vasomotor rhinitis, your doctor will want to eliminate allergy and sinus problems as causes. Blood and skin tests that measure the immune system's and skin's response to allergens determine presence of an allergy. A computerized tomography (CT) and a nasal endoscopy are techniques used to determine sinus problems such as a deviated septum. Once these problems are eliminated, the doctor can make a clear diagnosis for vasomotor rhinitis.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?