How is structural rhinitis diagnosed?

Diagnosis of structural rhinitis involves first eliminating other possible causes of the symptoms. Often, rhinitis has a mixture of non-allergic and allergic causes. If a structural cause is suspected, then there are a couple of ways of confirming it. The first is a nasal endoscopy in which your doctor will examine your sinuses and nasal passages with an instrument. The second possibility is to do a CT scan and produce an image of the nasal area.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Allergies are often the cause of nose disorders like rhinitis and chronic sinusitis, but allergies a...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?