How is structural rhinitis diagnosed?

Diagnosis of structural rhinitis involves first eliminating other possible causes of the symptoms. Often, rhinitis has a mixture of non-allergic and allergic causes. If a structural cause is suspected, then there are a couple of ways of confirming it. The first is a nasal endoscopy in which your doctor will examine your sinuses and nasal passages with an instrument. The second possibility is to do a CT scan and produce an image of the nasal area.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I manage nose disorders on a daily basis?
Managing nose disorders may be as simple as keeping your nasal passages clear by blowing your nose. ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?