How is neutrophilic rhinosinusitis diagnosed?

Your doctor may first diagnose your rhinosinusitis and then analyze accompanying symptoms that indicate neutrophilic rhinosinusitis. Rhinosinusitis is usually diagnosed based on symptoms. However, your doctor may also x-ray your sinuses to look for swelling and congestion. Occasionally, physicians will use an endoscope or a small scope to look at sinus openings in the nose and take samples. These samples serve as cultures for analysis and may be used along with an allergy test to determine the cause of your inflammation.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?