How is choanal atresia diagnosed?

Choanal atresia is usually diagnosed at birth. If only one side is affected, then diagnosis may take longer. The condition can be diagnosed through a physical examination or other tests. These tests may be a nasal endoscopy, sinus x-ray, or CT scan.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?