How is acute rhinitis diagnosed?

Acute rhinitis is usually diagnosed by its symptoms, since it is defined by its symptoms, not by its causes. The cause of a particular person&pos;s rhinitis, especially if it is thought to be allergic, may be found by keeping a written record of symptoms and their triggers. In other cases, the doctor may do a skin test or a blood test.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?