How is acute rhinitis diagnosed?

Acute rhinitis is usually diagnosed by its symptoms, since it is defined by its symptoms, not by its causes. The cause of a particular person&pos;s rhinitis, especially if it is thought to be allergic, may be found by keeping a written record of symptoms and their triggers. In other cases, the doctor may do a skin test or a blood test.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
If possible, the best treatment for perennial allergies is to remove the allergen from the environme...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?