How does infective rhinitis affect the body?

Infective rhinitis mostly affects the nose. As the virus invades the mucous membranes of the nose, the membranes become irritated, swell, and discharge fluid. Some of this fluid runs out the nose through the nostrils. Some of it may run down the throat irritating it and leading to congestion and coughing. A person with infective rhinitis usually feels tired and unwell.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?