How does infective rhinitis affect the body?

Infective rhinitis mostly affects the nose. As the virus invades the mucous membranes of the nose, the membranes become irritated, swell, and discharge fluid. Some of this fluid runs out the nose through the nostrils. Some of it may run down the throat irritating it and leading to congestion and coughing. A person with infective rhinitis usually feels tired and unwell.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?