How do other illnesses affect structural rhinitis?

Other illnesses may affect structural rhinitis by intensifying the symptoms. When structural rhinitis is present along with another type of non-allergic or allergic rhinitis, all conditions need to be treated. If your structural rhinitis is caused by a deviated septum, it is possible to have frequent sinus infections. The sinus infections cause facial pain and headaches.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?