How do other illnesses affect choanal atresia?

Choanal atresia is often present along with additional congenital conditions. In fact, this is the case in above half of all choanal atresia cases. Upon diagnosis of choanal atresia, the possibility of other problems is often looked into.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?