How do other illnesses affect choanal atresia?

Choanal atresia is often present along with additional congenital conditions. In fact, this is the case in above half of all choanal atresia cases. Upon diagnosis of choanal atresia, the possibility of other problems is often looked into.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
A large number of alternative treatments treat allergic rhinitis. Many programs and supplements focu...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?